LibraryLadies5

LibraryLadies5
Hello from the Ladies:)

Amy's Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thing 6: Mashups

Here's my Q&A on this thing.

1. What three mashups did you explore on App Garden?
GeoPanda-lets you watch photos on Flickr being Geo-tagged in near real time. This app was entertaining to view as it gives you a true sense of how global Flickr is.
MyPicsMap-the smart way to browse and locate picture images from all around the world. This app would be helpful if you were trying to locate an image of the Great Wall or some other famous or infamous locale, but Google Image Search would get the same results.
Flickr Screensaver-helps you to display a slideshow of Flickr images as your computer's screensaver. While I wouldn't use this app, I'm sure it would be entertaining to someone.

2. How could you use these tools in your own personal or professional lives?
I would not use any of these tools as I do not plan on using Flickr or any other program to pt my photos online, where others can see them.

3. What do you think of sharing photos online?
I prefer not to share my photos online. I have a few pictures posted on my Facebook page, but carefully control who has access to these photos. Once you submit something online, it doesn't go away. It is there for all the world to see, including future employers. While I have never had a photograph taken of me doing anything questionable (because I'm a relatively quite and serene person), that doesn't mean that I want to show the world my baby pictures. Even though I realize that I have control of what gets put online, I still would rather not share photos online.

No comments:

Post a Comment