LibraryLadies5

LibraryLadies5
Hello from the Ladies:)

Amy's Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thing 9: Introduction to Google Docs

I am already an avid user of Google Docs, however I do not use it like everyone else does. I use it so that I can work on documents from home, at work, and anywhere else I can get Internet access without having to have my laptop with me. All of my storytime plans and themed booklists are in my Google Docs account so that I have a backup copy and access when Largo's computers aren't working (like recently).
Since discovering Google Docs about two years ago, I hardly ever use traditional word processing programs anymore. This is just so much more convenient. I would think that using Google Docs would be appealing to patrons as well, as this way they don't risk losing their documents when using multiple computers. While I do not currently use the sharing options of the program, I can see how this would be useful to others. Overall, Google Docs is a great way to manage your files from work or home.

No comments:

Post a Comment