LibraryLadies5

LibraryLadies5
Hello from the Ladies:)

Amy's Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thing 14-YouTube

While I have be on YouTube a few times, I am not what you would classify as a fan. I will sometimes watch a video that someone has suggested to me, but I'm not one of those people who sits around watching videos for hours at a time. The most useful thing I have found on YouTube was a few libraries that post videos of fingerplays they use in their storytimes. After watching them, I feel more confident about using them in my Curious Kids program.
As far as how we could use YouTube at the library, I think it would be a good idea if our children's department recorded and posted some videos of our storytime components. Another idea would be to post short puppet shows. Outside of children's programming, we could have a virtual tour of the library posted since our library is so picturesque. Just a few suggestions.
The video I found to be most interesting in my search was a library-related remake of a song popular in the 1990s. I hope you find it to be as entertaining as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment