LibraryLadies5

LibraryLadies5
Hello from the Ladies:)

Amy's Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Thing 18 - More Social Networks

Children are going to use computers whether we, as adults, want them to or not. I think it is better that they are allowed on networks that are closely monitored and parents can feel safe in letting their kids on the computer. All of the Fun and Safe Social Networks for Children have their pros and cons. I, myself, do not like putting ANY personal information on the computer. On the other hand, technology is the future and I would encourage families to look at the networks and pick the one that will fit what they want and one that will be most beneficial to their child.

I was very impressed with Webjunction. Everything you want to know from courses, programs, events to discussion groups is available. I think it would be great to have something like this available to our patrons. The more we can offer; the better we become.

No comments:

Post a Comment